Friday, April 20, 2012

Food Review: Restaurant Mama Kitchen Puchong

Finally back from my vacation in an island. Walao, the food in that island.. horrible la! But ok la, still surviving. Beautiful island you like snorkeling and shits like that, but if you go for food, you up car liao.

Anyway, I thought of reviewing some action figures since Avengers is the talk of the town. Once again, the lazy side of me kicks in and tell me I should be reviewing food again. Why? Lesser pictures and more hits ma. True or not? If not you also won't be reading this now la.

My last posting, or the first, whichever you prefer was about MFM. What is that? Go click the previous post la. Why so lazy? Anyway, Tuck-Mm-Tuck is back with another food review. This time around, not halal food. So sorry to all my Muslim readers. You may close the page now. Before you close, press Ctrl-D first ok? Got free gift for you if you do that.

Ok la, let's start with the food review.

Everyone says Puchong is the fastest blooming town all because of the crazy traffic jams, the increasingly high number for expats to form United Nations (from Myanmar, Indo, Bangla) and also because everyone wants to open a makan place here. From Chinese food to Korean food, from Indonesian food to Italian food, you name it, you got it here in Puchong. Not everything is edible though as there are many shitbrix food too.

pic00009

So I went to this place called Mama Kitchen in Bandar Puteri yesterday. Mama Kitchen, so the cooking must be like from your mother la right? Somemore since 1983. Can't go wrong la right? Actually I read bout this place from other blogs. I remember reading that this Mama Kitchen is a branch and the original mother is actually cooking in TTDI. I don't know but if you do, tell me ok?

Let's review one by one and start off with the classic chinese tea (suet char). You must be asking why review the chinese tea right? The answer is, I like la. My blog ma!


Suet Char (Chinese Tea)

pic00010

You pay 50 cent for this. And I would say it's fine. 50 cent you get to drink some bitter drink and at least you think it's a healthier option. I can tell you, order sky juice instead. The chinese tea not nice. I don't know why I say this, but it's no good. Not at all. I drank better chinese tea at 40 cents. I know I blardy cheap la.


Kam Heong La La (Golden Fragrant Clam LOL)

pic00011

Wah this lala. Just one word, sibeh Awesome. Maybe I used 2 words there but so what? The gravy was spot on, with the right amount of heat and flavor. Just enough to tickle your tastebuds. The lala was fresh too, and it's so fresh you would have thought that they caught them fresh in Sungai Wang. And for RM 15 (medium serving), it's reasonable. The only bad thing about this dish is that a lot of lala shell no flesh one. Fresh but no flesh. WTF man.


Yong Chow Chao Fan (Yong Chow Fried Rice)

pic00014

This is awesome too. Though I only ate a spoonful, but the force 'wok hei' is strong with this one. I don't usually order fried rice nor I'm a fan of one, but it's safe to say this is good enough to be enter your mouth. It's RM 6.50 for a small serving. The crunchy greens around the plate gives it an extra kick with every chew.

Siew Yoke Meen (Roasted Pork Noodles)

pic00013

Firstly, the noodles were over cooked. A little too soft for my liking. They could have done an al-dente if you know what I mean. Secondly, for a small serving (RM 8), it's too big! Other than the noodles being over cooked, I still find this dish decent. The amount of pork in it, decent la. Other than that, don't expect anything out of this world. Pretty direct, wan tan mee with siew yoke. That's about it. This is somehow one of their signature dish. Somehow.


Nga Pou Lou Shu Fan (Claypot Rat Tail Noodles? Lol?)

pic00012

Being their signature dish, who won't order right? In fact, this is my 2nd time ordering this rat dish. What I like is the fact that you can see how generous they are with the minced meat topping the noodles. That's a lot for a small serving (RM 7) too! Somemore with the egg there. Fuu. Nice la. But do take note you have to wallop the whole pot before it gets cold. Don't say I didn't warn you. Eating it cold means you're eating some weird textured gooey noodles. That's how it is. Then don't say I bring you up car.


Sang Har Meen (Fresh Water Prawn Noodles)

pic00015

You pay RM 28 (medium serving) for 2 fresh prawn. The prawns, not very fresh. The gravy, tasted mediocore. The noodles, they were tought. Over fried. Will I order this again? NO. Overall the dish bad la, other than the reasonable price. I wouldn't wanna recommend this. But having said that, maybe you like the taste la.



So overall, tuck mm tuck?



Suet Char - Mm Tuck!
Kam Heong Lala - TUCK!
Yong Chow Chao Fan - TUCK!!
Siew Yoke Meen - Mm Tuck!!
Nga Pou Lou Shu Fan - Tuck!!
Sang Har Meen - Mm Tuck!

Don't say I didn't warn you la. Here's the address of the place.



Mama Kitchen Puchong Branch
(Non-Halal – +603- 80638030 )
No. 48, Jalan Puteri 2/4,
Bandar Puteri Puchong,
47100 Puchong, Selangor

1 comment: